B a r i a t r i c
E m e r g e n c y C a r e
America and the developing world, suffer from an increasing epidemic. Obesity. Recognizing vast differences in providing care to the bariatric patient, PRN instructor Dale Green RN, CCRN-K
began work on Bariatric Emergency Care Considerations in the fall of 2011, with the rollout scheduled for Summer 2018
Only 60 participants will be accepted for this first of its kind course.
Highlights include ;
- Advanced Airway Differences
- Defibrillation Cardioversion Pacing
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- Vascular Access
- Body Composition & Function
- Dangers in Medications
- Fluid / Blood Resuscitation
- Surgical Complications
- Orthopedic Injuries
- Radiological & Lab findings
- Positioning for procedures
- Transportation & Transfer
- Stress Management
- Skin Care / Hydration
- Nutritional Hurdles
- Sleep and Comfort
- Exercise / physical therapy
- Patient Education Challenges
- Psychosocial Considerations
Bariatric Emergency Care primary goal is to assist healthcare providers to provide safe, compassionate and competent care for patients suffering from obesity in the emergency setting.
Recommended for - all providers involved in emergency or critical care for bariatric patients
This course is currently under development with a rollout scheduled for First Quarter 2018.
DATE TO BE ANNOUNCED
If interested in this course as a contributor, host or participant ? Click here
In "comments" please describe your interest.
Questions ... you want answered quickly, TEXT 660/341-4801
Inquiries too complex to text EMAIL [email protected]